1. Create a new library project for your target .NET version:
2. Install EdiFabric.Core from NuGet (Trial version) or EdiFabric.Core.Full (Full version):
3. Add your EDI template(s) to the project as "Existing Item"; only the one(s) you need, for example HIPAA 5010 271:
4. Ensure that any common files, such as Segments.cs, ComplexElements.cs and Codes.cs are also added to the project as "Existing Item". All HIPAA and EANCOM templates also need the SegmentInterfaces.cs and ComplexElementInterfaces.cs
5. In your start up application install EdiFabric.Framework and EdiFabric.Core from NuGet (Trial version) or EdiFabric.Framework.Full and EdiFabric.Core.Full (Full version).
Add project reference to the class library containing the EDI templates:
6. Use EdiReader (either X12Reader or EdifactReader) to translate your sample EDI file