EdiFabric is a software development kit for .NET Core and .NET Framework, which makes it straightforward to parse, generate, validate, acknowledge, split, customize, or in other words, to programmatically manipulate EDI files. It is written in C# and is distributed as a NuGet package and C# files.
It currently supports all message types for the X12 and EDIFACT EDI standards, the German automotive standard VDA, as well as custom formatted flat files (delimited, positional, or a mixture of both).
EdiFabric does not provide any communication components (AS2 or SFTP, for example), has no dashboard or UI, and is not a full end-to-end EDI solution.
- Visual Studio or Visual Studio Code, compatible with the supported .NET versions.
- Minimum .NET Framework 4.0 or .NET Core 2.0.
- The NuGet package targets the following versions:
- .NET Framework 4.0 / 4.5 / 4.72
- .NET Core 2.0 / 3.1
To use EdiFabric you need a valid serial key. The serial key will be sent to the email address you used when ordering a plan for EdiFabric. The trial comes with a serial key that is valid for 14 days.
The serial key is applied programmatically, using the following code:
EdiFabric.SerialKey.Set("Valid Serial Key");
If you can't find your serial key or don't know how to apply it, contact us for assistance.
- Begin with downloading the examples to quickly translate your own EDI files
- Create a new project from scratch using the trial
- Head on to the step-by-step tutorial.
EdiFabric supports all X12/HIPAA/EDIFACT/EANCOM/IATA/VDA versions and message types.
Each message type/transaction set is represented by what we call "EDI Template", and you can learn more about EDI templates here.
The following EDI templates are available out-of-the-box, however, if you can't find a particular transaction, please let us know.:
|IATA PADIS||IATA PADIS|